Judo PEI and the City of PEI Partnering to Hold 2016 Atlantics
To Celebrate World Judo Day, this morning at 10am Members of Judo PEI and the City of Summerside formally announced that Summerside PEI had be been chosen to host the 2016 Atlantic Judo Championships.
The Tournament will be held from March 25th to 26th, 2016 with a two day training camp being held to follow.
The announcement was made by Summerside City Counselor Tyler Desroches representing on behalf of Mayor Bill Martin and Judo PEI Treasurer Brian Nash who is the Organizing Chairman for the 2016 Atlantics. Attending were members from all three Judo Clubs on PEI who did a Judo demonstration for members of the press and the general public who were present.
Some Significant points about this years Atlantics;
- It will be held over two days,
- There is a Kata Competition,
- 2 new age groups U12 and Masters,
- Being held in one of Atlantic Canada’s Premiere Venues for Sports Entertainment Credit Union Place
- Live streaming coverage on Bell Aliant’s Community Network
For More Information Visit